Our complaints procedure
Ubique Legal Limited t/a LandlordSolicitors.com is committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it without delay. This will help us to improve our standards and services to you. Whenever possible, please raise any initial client care problems with the person acting on your matter to give them the opportunity to resolve the problem with you. Often matters can be quickly resolved in this way. If you remain unsatisfies then please follow the stages set out below.
Stage 1 - Our complaints process
If you have a concern or a complaint that has not been dealt with to your satisfaction by the person handling your case or their supervisor, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed.
Stage 2 - What happens next?
- Send you an acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 days of receiving it;
- Log your complaint on our central complaints register;
- Investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care point of contact, Aled Evans firstname.lastname@example.org, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Arrange a discussion with you to try to agree on how to resolve the issues within 21 days of receiving your complaint;
- Write to you within 3 days of the meeting to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or if a meeting is not possible, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
(In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary to extend these timescales but we will try to agree on any variations with you first.)
Stage 3 - What happens if you're not happy with our initial response?
At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another person to review the decision.
We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reason.
Stage 4 - Contacting the Legal Ombudsman
If you are still not satisfied, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider your complaint. We hope that this does not become necessary and that we can resolve matters between ourselves.
The Legal Ombudsman’s contact details are:
Address: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 -from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint and within the following timescales:
- Six years from the date of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring; or
- Three years from the date you should reasonably have known there were grounds for complaint.
Complaints in relation to bills
The complaints procedure above also applies to complaints arising concerning our bill. There may also be a right to object to the bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not consider a complaint about a bill if you have applied to the court for assessment of that bill.
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. If you would like to find out more about the standards and regulations that we abide by and uphold then please visit www.sra.org.uk/handbook
LandlordSolicitors.com is a solution provided by Ubique Legal Limited. For more information on Ubique Legal visit www.ubiquelegal.co.uk
We know that legal issues with your property can be an extremely stressful experience. At LandlordSolicitors.com our experienced landlord solicitors and advisors are ready to help and find a way to resolve your issue. Call us on 0330 043 6162 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today. LandlordSolicitors.com, 4 Clive House, Prospect Hill, Redditch, B97 4BS.